Need to Know about Delta Airlines Baggage Policy- Baggage Fee, Baggage Allowance
Delta Airlines- it is the vital airlines of United States and a legacy carrier and major point to consider is that it is the founding member of the Sky Team air alliance. In terms of number of scheduled passenger carried, revenue passenger kilometer flown and fleet size it is ranked second among the world’s largest airline. Airlines Frequent Flyer program is called SkyMiles. In order to fly with the airlines one has to get the reservation done which can be done either being on the official website which is www.delta.com and the same can be done by calling the reservation number and can consider the following points which will ease one in travelling
Delta Airlines Baggage Policy –Carry –on baggage
1 personal item
I carry –on item
Checked baggage /hold luggage – fees will increase with the number of checked baggage
In case of overweight and oversize bags fees will be applicable depending on weight and size depending on the categories
If one is carrying sports equipment certain items will have charges applied on the sameWeight and Size restrictions- airlines allow 1 carry-on bag and personal item which can be purse, briefcase, laptop bag
- 45 linear inches or in other words 115 centimeters inclusive of handles and wheels
- Personal item should fit on either overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
- Jacket, diaper bag, duty free item and certain convenient devices as wheelchairs, walkers, strollers as well child restraint seat and so forth which will not be counted as carry on allowances
Checked baggage and hold luggage policy as below
- 2 standard bags which can go up to 10 bags maximum.
- Dimension 62 inches or in other words 157 centimeters (legth+width+height)
- Weight 50 pounds or in other words 23 kilograms
- In case if one is travelling from U.S to U.S (Including Puerto Rico) in Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Delta Comfort for first bag Weighing 50lbs $30 USD and for the second bag weighing 50lbs $40 USD or one is travelling in First class, Delta Premium, Delta One for the first bag weighing 70lbs and the second bag weighing 70lbs free of charge
- If one is travelling from U.S to Canada in Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Delta Comfort first bag weighing 50lbs will have to pay 30USD and for the second bag 50USD and if travelling in First class, Delta Premium, Delta One for the first bag weighing 70lbs and second bag weighing 70lbs free of cost
- If the traveler is travelling from U.S & Canada to U.S Virgin Island, Central America, Caribbean, Guyana & Bermuda in Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Delta Comfort for the first bag weighing 50lbs will be charged 30USD/CAD and for the second bag weighing 50lbs will be required to pay 55 USD/CAD
Within 24 hours of one’s departure one will be able to check-in and will indeed be in the position of notify Delta for the number of the bags you will be check- in and it can be done on the website or even on the Fly Delta app and if one has already done that you will be required to drop the bags at Baggage Drop and one can also avail this option at the airport even.
Delta Airlines Baggage allowance for EconomyIf one chooses to travel in Economy, It is the value deal for the traveler however the seats will be allotted after the check –in
- The traveler will be required to $30 each way for the first bag under the weight of 50lbs and for the second bag under the weight of 50lbs, you will be asked to pay $40
- One free carry on +personal item will be allowed
Delta Airlines Baggage allowance for Business Class
If one plans to fly in Business Class one can avail dedicated in cabin flight attendant and one will be able to enjoy personal service in Delta premium select which even include Starbuck a coffee or a glass of wine for the age above of 21 not only this, they will be called first on the plane in order that they can settle comfortably and can even enjoy entertainment on the larger screen
- 2 bags weighing maximum 50lbs
- In case one is flying from Delta One can check 2 bags under the weight of 70lbs
Delta Airlines Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’ S )
In the recent times, many of the passengers all across the world who have been travelling via Delta airlines has a common question whether they can prepay for baggage. In case you are one such passenger who is keen to know about the same then you can certainly get all the necessary info in a crisp manner in this tutorial. In case something is not being followed then don’t hesitate to contact us with the query in your mind and we would be happily assisting you to resolve the query.
In case you are checking in 24 hours prior to departure of the flight then Delta airlines does allow all of its passengers to do pre-pay check-in for luggage through the online mode. The standard baggage which the passengers can carry in such cases is one to two bags which is included in the base fare. In case there is any addition to it then passengers need to ensure that they are paying the additional fees in accordance to the weight they are carrying. Passengers are advised to check the weight of the additional baggage before making the payment.