How much does it cost to change a Delta flight?
Before Covid, Delta airlines used to charge a change fee of $100-$200 depending on the fare (refundable and non-refundable) and travel status (domestic and international) when the changes were made after 24 hours of booking.Basic Economy fares could only be changed within 24 hours of booking.
But due to Covid, Delta airlines restructured its flight change policy under which:
- No alterations were made in 24 hour change policy which means that the passengers are free to make unlimited changes to any type of flight (domestic or international) without any change fee within 24 hours of booking. Only the fare difference will be applicable on flight change.
- But after 24 hours of booking, change fee on all domestic flights (except for Basic economy) that were booked on or after 31 August 2020 is waived off.
- In case of international flights that originate from North America and fly between USA, Caribbean and Mexico, $0 change fee will be applicable on tickets booked on or after 9 December 2020. But this is not applicable on Basic Economy fare.
- In case of Basic Economy fare, only the tickets that were booked from March 2020 to 30 April 2021 were eligible for changes or an e-credit. But after 30 April 2021, Basic Economy fares can no longer be changed or no e-credit will be provided upon their cancellation.
What is the change fee in case of same day flight changes?
- Any Delta International flight which is scheduled to departure within 24 hours of booking cannot be changed or refunded.
- Similarly, Basic Economy fare of both domestic and international status cannot be changed or refunded.
- However, other Delta domestic flights can be changed minimum 3 hours before the departure with a fee of $75. But the fee may vary on a day-to-day basis.
© 2019 Reservations Desk . All rights reserved.